As the professor of electrical engineering at University College London, Fleming was ideally placed to publish papers.
However he also published a good number of books, interestingly with a variety of different publishers.
Books by Ambrose Fleming
Professor Sir John Ambrose Fleming wrote a number of books on a variety of subjects from electrical technology through chemistry to mathematics and the Christian religion.
Interestingly Fleming used a variety of different publishers to publish his books. He even used the Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge for a textbook on Wireless telegraphy, although normally he used published more linked with engineering and science.
Being a devout Christian, later in life, Fleming also wrote about theology as well.
Fleming's first book was published in 1894, and his last just seven years before he died in 1938.
List of the books by Ambrose Fleming
- Electric Lamps and Electric Lighting: A course of four lectures on electric illumination delivered at the Royal Institution of Great Britain (1894)
- The Alternate Current Transformer in Theory and Practice "The Electrician" Printing and Publishing Company (1896)
- Magnets and Electric Currents E. & F. N. Spon. (1898)
- A Handbook for the Electrical Laboratory and Testing Room "The Electrician" Printing and Publishing Company (1901)
- Waves and Ripples in Water, Air, and Aether MacMillan (1902)
- The Evidence of Things Not Seen Christian Knowledge Society: London (1904)
- The Principles of Electric Wave Telegraphy, Longmans Green, London, (1906)
- The Propagation of Electric Currents in Telephone and Telegraph Conductors, Constable, (1908)
- An Elementary Manual of Radiotelegraphy and Radiotelephony Longmans Green, London, (1911)
- On the power factor and conductivity of dielectrics when tested with alternating electric currents of telephonic frequency at various temperatures Gresham, (1912)
- The Wonders of Wireless Telegraphy: Explained in simple terms for the non-technical reader Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge (1913)
- The Wireless Telegraphist's Pocket Book of Notes, Formulae and Calculations The Wireless Press (1915)
- The Thermionic Valve and its Development in Radio Telegraphy and Telephony (1919)
- Fifty Years of Electricity The Wireless Press (1921)
- Electrons, Electric Waves and Wireless telephony The Wireless Press (1923)
- Introduction to Wireless Telegraphy and Telephony Sir Isaac Pitman and Sons Ltd. (1924)
- Mercury-arc Rectifiers and Mercury-vapour Lamps London. Pitman (1925)
- The Electrical Educator (3 volumes), The New Era Publishing Co Ltd (1927)
- Memories of a Scientific life Marshall, Morgan & Scott (1934)
- Evolution or Creation? Marshall Morgan and Scott, (1938)
- Mathematics for Engineers George Newnes Ltd (1938)